Sierraloaded is Sierra Leone’s leading digital media platform for latest news, politics, music, entertainment, sports, videos and more.
Job Title: News Reporter/Content Writer
Location: Freetown (other districts may apply)
● Source, identify and collect breaking and trending news contents in Sierra Leone.
● Find, write, edit and published good news contents including articles, features, music and short videos to keep readers informed about latest happenings in Sierra Leone.
● Review performance of news contents, analyze social media trends and user behaviour, then share findings with the teams to aid in news and content strategy decisions.
● Familiar with local and worldwide news content providers including online and traditional media, bloggers, KOL, YouTubers and be able to give suggestions on content partnership.
You should be:
● Young University/Polytechnic Graduate. Relevant Degree (English, Journalism and Communication, etc.) is a plus.
● Passionate about social media, sensitive to trends, familiar with young people’s language and culture, familiar with recent news in Sierra Leone, Africa and the world.
● Versatile with the various news beats in Sierra Leone – Government & Politics, Current Affairs, Entertainment, Sports, Health, Education, Crime & Judiciary, etc.
● Good at writing headlines based on user interest.
● At least two (2) years’ cognate experience in the media industry such as Content Writer, Reporter, Journalist, News Editor, Video Editor and Blogger are preferred.
● Strong ownership and positivity, fast-learning ability, attention to detail and good communication skill with different people.
● You must be less than age 40.
● You must be able to interview key persons (witnesses, sources etc.) as well as cover events.
● You must be able to use social media for generating story ideas and generating traffic for Sierraloaded.
● You must have knowledge of Sierra Leone’s news/political climate.
● You must be able to create well-informed content that is focused on current affairs and reports about Sierra Leone.
● You must be committed to quality, original content.
● You must be able to generate your own news stories and write strong/attractive headlines
● You must have an urge for investigative stories and breaking news to keep this platform above its peers.
This job vacancy is currently open.
Please note that this is a FULL TIME role. Students and part time workers are encouraged NOT TO apply. Meanwhile, females are strongly encouraged to apply.