Ibrahim Bangura a motor driver, has on Thursday 9th March 2023, made another appearance before Magistrate Isata Sellu Tucker at the Pademba Road Court No. 2 in Freetown in respect of allegation on assaulting his girlfriend Omo Eme- Catherine Williams, resulting in her demise

The deceased was pronounced dead at the Emergency Hospital after she sustained injuries as a result of the beating, she allegedly received from her boyfriend (the accused).

In her testimony to the Court, prosecution witness, Titty Bangura disclosed that she knew the deceased and the accused as her junior brother whom she noted stayed together.

She further explained to the Court that on Wednesday 4th January 2023, she was at home when a little girl revealed to her that the accused had gotten into a fight with the deceased at Ogu Farm Market.

The witness revealed that she swiftly proceeded to Ogu Farm where she met the accused beating the deceased. The witness added that she tried in vain to stop the accused.

She further narrated to the Court that the accused decided to take the deceased to the house where he continued beating the deceased who sustained injuries all over her body. The witness revealed that the accused later went into hiding after he realized the degree of injury caused to the deceased.

She also mentioned that on Thursday 12th January 2023, she was at home when the deceased complained that she was unwell, adding that she was accompanied to the Emergency Hospital for treatment.

She furthered that on the 13th of January 2023, at about 6 a.m. she was praying when she received a telephone call from the deceased nephew, Hassan Kargbo who is a staff at the Emergency Hospital that Omo Eme Catherine Williams has passed away.

The witness told the Court that based on the information she received, she immediately alerted the Adonkia Police Station who made a chase for the accused and later arrested him.

The witness said she made the statement at the Adonkia Police Station.

The accused who was not represented by a lawyer in court cross-examined the witness himself.

After cross-examination, the accused was remanded in custody until 15th March 2023.