Sierra Leone’s President Julius Maada Bio has terminated the services of nine high-ranking individuals within the government, effective immediately.
The decision was conveyed through a letter addressed to the Accountant-General of the Ministry of Finance, Dr. Julius F. Sandy, by the Secretary to the President, Dr. Julius F. Sandy (PhD).
The individuals whose services have been abruptly terminated include prominent figures in the government, namely:
1. Dr. Kona Cecilia Koroma – Special Adviser to His Excellency the President
2. Mr. Raymond De Souza-George – Senior Presidential Adviser & Ambassador at-Large for Heritage & Culture
3. Amb. Dr. Umaru Bundu Wurie – Special Adviser to His Excellency the President
4. Amb. Dr. Brima Patrick Kapuwa – Presidential Adviser on Political Affairs
5. Mr. John O. Benjamin – Senior Adviser to His Excellency the President
6. Dr. Patrick Kagbeni Muana – Senior Presidential Adviser & Head of Strategic Communications
7. Dr. John E. Tambi – Chairman, Office of Presidential Infrastructure Initiative
8. Maj. Gen. (Rtd.) Mohamed M. Keita – Presidential Adviser on National Security
9. Mr. Augustine Boss Fallay – Presidential Adviser
The reasons behind the sudden termination of these officials remain undisclosed.
The Secretary to the President, Dr. Julius F. Sandy (PhD), directed the Accountant-General to update the payroll accordingly, indicating a swift implementation of the decision.