The registration for the United States green card lottery program for fiscal year 2024 (DV-2024) will officially commence tomorrow, Wednesday 5 October 2022 at 12 PM (ET) and runs until Tuesday 8 November 2022 at 12 PM (ET). Thus, all eligible individuals applying for the DV program are required to upload their digital image as part of completing the online application form.
The digital photo is a vital part of your green card lottery application. You should attach a recently taken digital photo for your DV 2024 application. Attach one valid photo per applicant you would like to include in your application.
The diversity visa lottery photograph will be unacceptable if it does not meet all general DV specifications. Improper background, light reflections, shadows, cut-off edges are the most common reasons for invalid photos.
The US Department of State has issued some general guidelines for the diversity visa lottery photo submission. There is no official statement on the DV 2024 lottery, but these guidelines are still the same this year.
Check the DV lottery photo requirements below to ensure your application is valid.
Your photos or digital images must be:
- In color
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with a neutral facial expression and both eyes open.
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Eyeglasses are no longer allowed in new visa photos, except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons; e.g., the applicant has recently had ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant’s eyes. A medical statement signed by a medical professional/health practitioner must be provided in these cases. If the eyeglasses are accepted for medical reasons:
- The frames of the eyeglasses must not cover the eye(s).
- There must not be glare on eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.