Sierra Leonean hitmakers, Emmerson, Drizilik, Boss La and other top artistes are missing as the Ambassador, Kao Denero unveiled maiden national playlist.

The National Entertainment Board under the Office of the Ambassador of Entertainment and Investment is proud to unveil its maiden edition of the National Playlist Song.

In a bid to ensure credibility and transparency, a team of seasoned entertainers this past weekend assembled to vigorously assess and review the songs that were sent in by different artistes and record labels.

The independent review team comprises of producers, sound engineers, Disc Jockeys, Bloggers and entertainment pundits.

The review process which lasted for two days had 80% of the songs listened to and vetted by the review team whilst the remaining 20% of songs sent are without artiste’s name and song title.

The judgment which was based on good lyrics, composition, mixing, mastering had 55 songs chosen by the National Entertainment Board and the Independent Review Committee as the first National Playlist of the Sierra Leone Entertainment Industry.

The National Entertainment Board is also planning to host a listening party with artistes selected for the playlist, members of the Entertainment Industry, and also cooperate institutions.

The Entertainment Board and the Independent Media Commission (IMC) will be engaging media institutions and other platforms to help popularise the playlist system for the betterment of the country’s musical industry.

The overall objective of the National Playlist is to promote top-rated Sierra Leonean songs produced within and outside Sierra Leone and also give clarity and focus as to which songs have the potential to hit.

With all the opportunities behind the National Playlist of Kao Denero, top musicians like Boss La, Drizilik, K-Man, Emmerson and others did not submit their songs.