The Ministry of Technical and Higher Education (MTHE) has informed the public in a press release that the Government of Sierra Leone is offering Grant-in-Aid (GIA) to suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans for Degree, Diploma, and Certificate programs tenable at the undermentioned institutions for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The universities include:
1. University of Sierra Leone (USL)
2. Njala University (NU) (Including the former Bonthe Technical College) 3. Ernest Bai Koroma University of Science and Technology (EBKUST)
4. Milton Margal Technical University (MMTU)
5. Eastern Technical University (ETU)
6. Freetown Polytechnic (FP)
7. Government Technical Institutes in Masingbi, Kono, Kabala, Sahn Malen, Bo, Kenema, Kailahun, Moyamba, Kambia, GTI Mattru and 8. Mattru School of Nursing.
The Ministries further gives priority to female candidates pursuing Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, and Mathematics (STEAM).
Meanwhile, the following category of students are also legible to apply:
Students who are sons/daughters of Teachers who have taught for ten (10) or more years Students who are in the Forces-Police, Military, Correctional Services, and Fire Force Officers as recommended by their respective training divisions.
Students pursuing Postgraduate medical disciplines in public institutions and Students classified as disabled by the National Commission for Persons with Disability (NCPD).
They further pointed out that Candidates in the first year of their programs, Premed or Foundation courses are not eligible to apply with the exception of female students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture Mathematics (STEAM), and Medical programs.
Below are the Application Procedures:
1. Interested applicants must use the Ministry of Technical and Higher Education (MTHE) website (www.mthe.gov.sl) to apply
2. Completed application form with all supporting documents should be uploaded on the Ministry’s website on or before 15th May 2023
3. Candidates must choose the district where they want to be interviewed.
The said notice further supersedes the previous notice dated 25th April, 2023.
Disclaimer: Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of Sierraloaded or any employee thereof.