On Wednesday, August 10, 2022, a young and ambitious SSS student at the Government Municipal Secondary School, Gibrilla Deen Kojo was shot at the veranda of his residence at Black Hall Road, Freetown. CNN has revealed but hasn’t been independently confirmed by the authority’s concern.

According to CNN account, on Wednesday, August 10, the day of the veranda watching the demonstration when from the blues Gibrilla was hit by a bullet right on his neck and killed him.

Gibrilla’s pictures went viral as he was seen lying on a table in is veranda struggling to give up his final breathe on the floor and finally gave up.

CNN further confirmed that Gibrilla was heard stopping others not to set cars ablaze whilst standing in his veranda as he wasn’t part of the demonstration.

Family sources say, Gibrilla was a promising student who had always wanted to become highly educated. He lost his mother when he was two months old and again lost his father on the very day he went to take his NPSE Examination. An orphan, who was left in the care of his grandmother who’s currently based abroad.

Speaking to Norther Star from her home in Philadelphia in tears, Gibrilla’s grandmother said, she will always miss him as he was a love of her heart, a brilliant, promising intellectual, obedient, and hardworking young man who had always dreamt of becoming a successful and proud Sierra Leonean in the future. Both friends and family members have also expressed similar sentiments about this promising and upcoming productive citizen.

Meanwhile, Late Gibrilla’s grandmother is appealing to HE. President of the Republic of Sierra Leone, Fountain of Honor, commander-in-Chief, and Guardian of The Constitution and Father of the Nation to extend is authority to make sure this young man gets justice so that he could rest peacefully in his grave.

“I know this President is a listening father who cares for all his children and want to see justice is dispensed equally to each and every one of his children”, grandma appeals.

However, the corpse of the young man is still held by the authorities at the Connaught Hospital awaiting proper postmortem before any other action.