Before handing down his sentence, Magistrate Ngegba said the accused where arranged before him on a count of unlawful procession and prosecution called four witnesses to testify before the court.

He said all the witnesses were crossed examined by defense counsel, M. Beratay. He said the first prosecution witness, Inspector Bernard Massaquoi, in his testimony, said the convicts were arrested at Congo Town Bridge.

The second witness, Issa Kamara, who is the Exhibit Clerk at the Criminal Investigation Department Headquarters, tendered the placards taken from the accused while Inspector Abubakarr Conteh tendered the voluntary and charged statements of both accused.

Magistrate Ngegba further stated that, Adama Sesay, in her defense, said on that day she left her house to perform a peaceful protest in the street, but while going she got a call from her colleague who informed her that one of their members in their mosque has died and she threw her placard that she was holding and went to their junction to board a vehicle to the place of the burial ceremony.

He said the accused told the court that she was arrested by the police while trying to board the taxi cab.

Shimmon Mansaray, in her defense, said on that day, she left her house to check on her goods she kept at her shop and that on her way returning she met the first accused, Adama with whom she was talking when the two of them were arrested by the police.

Magistrate Ngegba further stated that the incident took place at Congo Town Bridge as stated by the prosecution witnesses and the accused themselves.

He added that the first accused admitted before the court that, she was going on a peaceful protest, but changed her mind when she got a call.

He said the placards tendered in court by the exhibit clerk showed that, the convicts took part in the unlawful procession and in that case they were found guilty as charged.

The accused in their allocates, pleaded for mercy and defence Counsel, M. Beratay in his plea mitigation said the accused are the breadwinners of their respective families.

Beratay further submitted that, the accused were first time offenders and that they were very truthful to the court by explaining exactly what happened on that day.

He pleaded with the bench to temper justice with mercy on the accused.

He pleaded with the magistrate to only caution and discharge them.

Magistrate Ngegba therefore sentenced the accused to five months imprisonment each.