Oman has lifted a travel ban on travellers from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Philippines, Tanzania, Sudan, Brazil, Sierra Leone, UK, Tunisia, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia, Ethiopia, South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Guinea, Colombia and Argentina.
From September 1, all those who are eligible to enter Oman, including Omani citizens, resident visa holders and those who are eligible for visa on arrival can enter the country.
Here are the conditions of entering Oman by air during the coming period according to the Oman Civil Aviation Authority’s updates.
Oman Airports COVID-19 Travel Guidance
In an effort to prevent the spread of new coronavirus strains in the Sultanate and based on the decisions issued by the Supreme Committee for dealing with COVID-19, the Civil Aviation Authority adopted the following restrictions regarding the condition of entering the Sultanate through Oman Airports:
- The list of countries from which arrivals are prohibited from entering the territory of the Sultanate has been terminated.
- Omani citizens, residents with valid residency permits, and travelers with a valid visa are allowed to enter the Sultanate without prior approval.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate are required to present a medical certificate with QR Code of taking two doses or the first dose of COVID-19 locally approved vaccines. The second dose is to be taken before 14 days prior to the scheduled time for arriving to the Sultanate (MOH shall post and update the list of locally approved vaccines).
- All travelers (Omani citizens & Foreign) coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVID-19 PCR test (within 72 hours).
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate without a pre-travel PCR test are required to: Take a PCR test upon their arrival at the airport:
- Wear Tarrasud+ bracelet and adhere to quarantine until a negative PCR test result is detected.
- If resulted positive, 10 days quarantine is required.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate (including diplomats) before their arrival are required to :
- Pre-registration via (Tarassud+) Platform and to upload the vaccine certificate as well as the COVID-19 PCR certificate, both c containing QR Codes.
- If the passenger prefers to conduct the COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival, the passenger shall pay the prescribed fees when registering via (Tarassud+) platform.
- Travelers below 18 and passengers with medically confirmed health conditions that prevents them from taking the vaccination are exempt from presenting COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate.
- This decision will be effective in the Sultanate from 12:00 noon on Wednesday, 1st of September 2021, except that Omani citizens and their families who departed the Sultanate before the issuance of this circular are exempted from the vaccine requirement for a maximum of two (2) months from the issuance of this circular.
Departing from Oman procedures:
Before booking a flight, you must consider the following requirements:
- Omani citizens and residents can travel abroad without pre-approval.
- Omani citizens shall have health insurance covering COVID-19 valid in the country they are traveling to.
- Check the latest COVID-19 travel and testing requirements for your destination.
- Consider online check-in, where possible, prior to arrival at the airport to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport
- Travelers need to be at the airport at least 3 hours before the official time of departure or 4 hours at most.
- Never travel if you display coronavirus symptoms.
- If required, PCR tests can be done at the Airport Drive-through and Walk-in facilities, located in P5 car park in Muscat and at Lifeline Hospital Salalah.
- The cost of the drive-thru PCR test is 19 OMR, you can register for it through https://covid19.emushrif.om
- Test results will be available within 24 hours at: https://covid19.emushrif.om
- The certified Ministry of Health test report is now electronically available on https://covid19.emushrif.om for a fee of 5 OMR
Travel Safely. Stay Healthy.
Oman Airports has implemented protective measures at the terminal building and at security checkpoints to make the travel procedures and screening process safer for our passengers and employees. Travelers are reminded to observe the following travel, safety, and health measures:
- You must have a valid air ticket to be allowed into the airport terminal building
- Do not travel if you feel sick or have a fever.
- Wear a face mask at all times while at the airport and during your trip. Face masks must be changed every 4 hours, so please bring enough for your journey
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 meters inside the airport terminal.
- Check-in online to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport.
- Avoid carrying your phone or other items in your hands when going through the check-in process and security checkpoints.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces, including mobile phones.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wearing face mask is mandatory inside the airport terminal.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a paper towel cover or a flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing, even when wearing a mask.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with others, including handshaking and other greeting gestures.
- Meeters and greeters are not allowed into the airport terminal, except for individuals accompanying passengers with special needs (one accompanying individual only).