The legal proceedings at the High Court in the case involving the State and Samura Mathew Wilson Kamara, alongside five other individuals, resumed last week under the jurisdiction of Justice Adrian Fisher.

Saidu Nallo, the primary accused, continued providing his testimony, facing his co-accused, Samura Kamara, in the courtroom.

Nallo, who served as the former Head of the Chancery from January 1, 2015, to December 31, 2018, delved into the intricate details of the management of the Chancery Project during his testimony. He disclosed that the project underwent meticulous oversight from the Technical Teams of the Ministries of Finance, Foreign Affairs, and Works, all directed from the Freetown Headquarters. At the time, the Ministry was under the leadership of one of the accused individuals, Samura Wilson Kamara.

Responding to questioning from Lawyer Pa Momoh Fofanah, Nallo clarified that the Chancery Project was subject to micro-management, and key decisions were made at the Freetown Headquarters, adhering to the legal framework of New York. He underscored that throughout his tenure, no contracts were awarded to Fear Field Construction Company.

Nallo meticulously identified various documents, including memos and correspondences, illustrating the active involvement of the Ministry in the Chancery Project. Notably, he highlighted the ministry’s role in requesting additional floors and overseeing the site monitoring for the Chancery Building.

At the onset of the proceedings, Lawyer B. Koroma, representing the second accused, expressed apologies to the court for his client’s absence. He clarified that his client had been granted leave by the court to seek medical attention in the United Kingdom due to diabetes. Lawyer Koroma assured the court of his consistent presence and apologized profusely for his client’s nonattendance.

In response, Justice Fisher acknowledged the medical situation but emphasized that the second accused, next in line to testify, should make an effort to attend the court proceedings.

Lawyer C. T. Matesbo recalled that on October 25, 2023, the court had granted an order for the second accused to travel to England for medical attention, with the condition to be present in court on November 15. Matesbo urged adherence to the court’s directives.

Lawyer B. Koroma pledged to ensure his client’s prompt appearance in court.