Popular Rapper Alhaji Bankaria Bah, also known as Boss La has explained the horrible physical attack on him by thugs at the Siaka Stevens Stadium on Saturday evening, where he sustained serious injuries on his body.

According to the rapper, he was attending a Premier League match between East End Lions and Wusum Stars on Saturday 22nd May 2021 at the Siaka Stevens Stadium in Freetown, when a group of over 10 thugs attacked him at the stadium basement with bottles, knives and machetes.

He explained that upon approaching the presidential stand basement of the stadium, a group of more 10 young men suddenly appeared from his back reigning invectives on him, with remarks, saying that ‘Laj we day kill you tiday. Na First Lady you wan for play with? You nor know say na we mama dan day? We go kill you lek goat.”

According to LAJ, at this point, they kept approaching him as he walked towards the gate with 2 other friends (Daddy Ish and Samboy). Boss LA said he identified 3 notorious thugs among the mob, Rattie, White Boy and Wizzy, whom he says normally stay at the SLPP party office, and were the same guys that attacked him before, where they ransacked his car and other valuables. A matter he said to have reported but was ignored by the police. He continued that they were all dressed up in Wusum Stars wears and colours at the stadium.

As an ambassador for East End Lions and a strong football fan, Boss LA said he was welcomed and ushered in. His friends were about to pay at the gate when the thugs arrived with full force. At this point, he said they were overpowered by the mob, who forcefully broke the doors to chase him and his friends in the basement. Even the Premier League officials at the gate had to run away for safety.

According LAJ, he had to jump through a glass door when he realized that they thugs were going to kill as they kept saying. They started throwing bottles at him and one of them grabbed one of the broken glasses and stab him on his leg. He scrambled and managed to find a safe location where football officers came to his rescue. He was bleeding persistently while his attackers still making moves to attack him, some threatening to kill him, until he was taken to the Wusum Sars dressing room, where they gave him some first aid treatment to stop the bleeding.

According him, the police who were stationed at the stadium couldn’t come to his rescue to evacuate him out of the scene, until another police vehicle arrived, where he was then taken to the Choithram Hospital with few police officers for further treatment. He said the police were there with him throughout his stay at the hospital before returned back home.

“This contrary to information making the rounds on social media that I refused to pay for myself and 10 other friends, which led to the Premier League Board members to beat me up. This is completely wrong. It is a political propaganda to make it look like I had a confrontation with premier league officials. For a matter of fact, they were also victims of that attack,” Boss LA added.

He said he has never been asked to pay for football match at the stadium in all of the games he has witnessed across the country. He said his attack was well planned and orchestrated by people who want to silent him. He recounted several incidents of physical attacks and injustice over the past years, and no body has ever been held responsible for all these attacks.

“I have always been the victim of these unjust harassments and treatment from thugs protected by politicians,” he said