JOB VACANCY: News Reporter/Content Specialist (Sierra Leone)
Who We Are
Felima Media is a digital media firm with presence in Africa. Our business offerings include digital news platforms, music downloads & streaming services and public relations solutions to brands and businesses.
Job Title: News Reporter/Content Specialist
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone (Other regions can apply)
- Source, identify and collect breaking and trending news contents in Sierra Leone.
- Find, write, edit and published good news contents including articles and short videos to keep readers informed about latest trends in Sierra Leone.
- Review performance of news contents, analyze social media trends and user behaviour, then share findings with the teams to aid in news and content strategy decisions.
- Familiar with local and worldwide news content providers including online and traditional media, bloggers, KOL, YouTubers and be able to give suggestions on content partnership.
You should be:
⊗ Don't miss any Sierra Leone News & Entertainment update. CLICK HERE to join Sierraloaded WhatsApp group!
- University/Polytechnic Graduate. Relevant Degree (English, Journalism and Communication, etc.) is a plus.
- Passionate about social media, sensitive to trends, familiar with young people’s language and culture, familiar with recent news in Sierra Leone, Africa and the world.
- Versatile with the various industry in Sierra Leone – Government & Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Health, Education, Crime & Judiciary, etc.
- Good at writing headlines based on user interest.
- At least one (1) year experience in the content industry such as Content Writer, Reporter, Journalist, News Editor, Video Editor and Blogger are preferred.
- Strong ownership and positivity, fast-learning ability, attention to detail and good communication skill with different people.
20th March 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV, links/copies of published works to [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.